News & Updates
Careers at APT
Tuesday 7th August 2018
APT is currently hiring! Please read below and apply if interested!
Role - Dry Particle Coating Formulation Scientist (Inhalation Specialist)
Salary - Competitive
Fixed Term (12 months), Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced dry particle coating formulation scientist, with expertise in dry powder inhalation, to join a rapidly growing company based in the Midlands area. As a dry particle coating formulation scientist, you will be involved in pre-formulation, formulation and characterisation of powders using APT's novel dry particle coating technology for preparation of Dry Powder Inhalers (DPI's).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• To plan experiments and write protocols according to required work schedule
• Formulation development using APTs dry particle coating technology
• Assay development and validation using HPLC
• Particle characterisation and formulation analysis using next generation impactor
• Keeping detailed and accurate records of all work undertaken
• To communicate progress effectively to senior staff on a regular basis as necessary
• To be able to maintain strict confidentiality
• To perform other roles where required
• PhD graduate
• Formulation experience using dry particle coating (> 6 months) - ability to prepare and manufacture formulations according to batch requirements
• Experience in formulation of dry powder inhalers - including fixed dose combinations
• Experience in formulation development/assay development and particle characterisation (either academic and/or industry related) - In particular:
o High quality Next Generation Impactor skills - capable of multiple runs per day to a high level of accuracy
o HPLC assay development alongside high-quality analytical skills in HPLC
• Ability to work individually as well as part of a larger formulation team
In joining APT you will be offered a competitive salary as well as high quality training and development. You will be part of a unique and dynamic company that is rapidly expanding in its journey to revolutionise powder blending mechanisms.
How to Apply:
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send your CV and one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is the 7th September 2018 at 16:00.